Facial exercises target the muscles on your face which are also the foundation of your skin. Toned muscles give the skin support for a tight youthful look. If those muscles relax, then skin also loosens and forms unsightly folds, fine lines and wrinkles. These outcomes are commonly associated with aging though they occur early for some people. The aging signs can be reversed with good exercises for the face. In the course of these exercises, your muscles will be contracted in different forms to achieve a beautiful look that can be coupled with a good skincare routine. It is very important to relax your facial muscles after every exercise to avoid tension and promote their normal functionality. Additionally, including basic skincare tips will promote your health and enhance your beauty.
Here are several ways to relax your facial muscles after taking facial exercises:
- To release tension created on your face and neck after exercising your face, sit relaxed and tilt your head backwards facing the ceiling. Don’t close your eyes. Take a deep breath and exhale forcefully with your mouth wide open and your tongue outstretched towards your chin. Slowly retract your tongue, close your mouth and move your head to a normal position. You can repeat the procedure a few times if you can. These movements will not only relive tension but will improve blood circulation in your neck and face.
- Grab some flesh on both sides of your cheeks and squeeze them gently between your thumb and other fingers. This will improve circulation of blood in the area. Repeat the procedure a few more times.
- Open your mouth as wide as you can and hold on to the position as if you are trying to smile for 10 seconds. You will feel some stretch in your lips, cheeks and chin. Slowly release and begin the procedure again. Do it a few more times to release tension on your jaw as well as facial muscles. The movements will also increase blood flow.
You should not feel any pain when relieving your facial muscles from stress after taking facial exercises. Don’t overwork yourself when exercising or stretching out. The effectiveness of both procedures will be determined by how best you perform them.
Quick tips for beautiful skin
The following are some useful tips to add on your daily facial exercises regime:
- Eat healthy meals in right servings.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin.
- Moisturize your skin before bedtime.
- Beauty sleep. Get enough sleep for at least 8 hours each night.
- Quit smoking. Cigarettes have numerous carcinogens that dry out your skin and risk you to certain cancers.
- Cut down on alcoholic drinks, alcohol dehydrates the body and dries the skin.
- Use quality SPF sunscreen whenever going out to save your skin from harmful UV (ultraviolet) rays of the sun.
- Avoid stress; surround yourself with positive and happy thinkers.
- In addition to facial exercises, workout 3-4 times per week for at least 30 minutes.